Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must have a parent or guardian who has been seriously, catastrophically or fatally injured in a work-related accident, meeting the criteria of the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act and resulting in financial need. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 16 – 25 years old.
- A dependent of a parent who was seriously, catastrophically or fatally injured in a work related accident.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary school (university, technical college, etc.) or high school. Kids’ Chance does not fund part-time students.
- Applicant must not have already obtained a bachelor’s degree. Kids’ Chance does not fund graduate degree programs.
Kids’ Chance of Georgia Scholarships – Additional Information
- Fall scholarships are awarded for one academic year and each student must reapply every Fall to continue funding.
- Spring scholarships are awarded for one academic semester and each student must reapply every Fall to continue funding.
- Scholarship funding must not exceed five academic years (10 semesters).
- The Fall scholarship deadline is April 30th each year. The Spring scholarship deadline is October 30th each year. Applications received past the deadline will not be processed and the applicant must wait until the following academic semester to reapply.
- All applications are subject to review by the Scholarship Committee and approval of the full Kids’ Chance of Georgia Board of Directors.
- All scholarships are contingent upon funds made available to Kids’ Chance of Georgia.
Download our scholarship application below: