Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must have a parent or guardian who has been seriously, catastrophically or fatally injured in a work-related accident, meeting the criteria of the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act and resulting in financial need. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 16 – 25 years old.
- A dependent of a parent who was seriously, catastrophically or fatally injured in a work related accident.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary school (university, technical college, etc.) or high school. Kids’ Chance does not fund part-time students.
- Applicant must not have already obtained a bachelor’s degree. Kids’ Chance does not fund graduate degree programs.
Kids’ Chance of Georgia Scholarships – Additional Information
- Scholarships are awarded for one academic year and each student must reapply each year to continue funding.
- Scholarship funding must not exceed five academic years (12 semesters).
- The scholarship deadline is April 15th each year. Applications received past the deadline will not be processed and the applicant must wait until the following academic year to reapply.
- All applications are subject to review by the Scholarship Committee and approval of the full Kids’ Chance of Georgia Board of Directors.
- All scholarships are contingent upon funds made available to Kids’ Chance of Georgia.
Download our scholarship application below: